Ronit once took up a job for ₹1200, even his driver thought it was too less

Ronit Roy spoke about his first television serial Kammal (2002). He was then paid ₹1,200 whereas junior artists were paid ₹1,500.

Actor Ronit Roy recalls that he was paid "less than a junior artiste" when he started his career in television. In a new interview, Ronit said that his first role was for Balaji Telefilms show Kamal (2002), which aired on Zee TV. Ronit revealed that he was shooting for a Bengali film in Kolkata when he got a call from Balaji Telefilms. After returning to Mumbai, he said that he had called the team to understand the workings of the television industry. He said he was offered ₹1,200 per day, while his driver told that junior artists got ₹1,500.

Ronit Roy started his television career with Kamal which also starred Kirti Gaikwad Kelkar, Sandeep Baswana, Pratima Kazmi and Amita Chandekar. It also featured Ashlesha Sawant, Neena Kulkarni, Jaya Bhattacharya, Prashant Bhatt and Sachin Shroff. It was directed by Hemant Prabhu and Santosh Bhatt.

In an interview with The Indian Express, Ronit said, "I was over the loudspeaker, asking him how things work on the daily soap. My driver was there and he told me how he would charge me ₹1,200 per day for the role. I went to Balaji's office, had a meeting and came back home when my driver said to me, 'Sir, this is less than a junior artist. He also gets 1,500 (Sir this is the payment to a junior artist') less than that. They also get ₹1500). I just smiled, reached home, and called them to say yes. At that point, I needed to go back to work, I needed to say yes."

He further added, “I am glad I did as it translated into more work, be it Kasautii Zindagii Kay or Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. It has been a wonderful ride. Those are my successes and failures and I am them. I love you. When you try hard and fail, you can just smile, go back and take it as a lesson. Sometimes there is no reason for failure. Team hard work But the product doesn't end up the way you thought it would. Audiences are smart. That's what a constructive response is and you get the means to turn things around for yourself."

Meanwhile, Ronit will be seen in the upcoming film Leger opposite Vijay Deverakonda in which he will be seen as her coach. Helmed and written by Puri Jagannadh, Liger also stars Ananya Panday, Mike Tyson and Ramya Krishnan. It is produced by Karan Johar, Charmme Kaur and Jagannadh. The film is scheduled for a worldwide theatrical release on August 25, 2022 in five languages ​​- Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam.

Recently he was seen in the web series Kandy opposite Richa Chadha. He is all set to be seen in the upcoming show Swarna Ghar. It will also feature Sangeeta Ghosh in the lead role.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post