‘Love Is Blind’: Deepti says the way Shake spoke about her was ‘disrespectful’

Deepti Vempati knows that she made the right choice by saying "not me" to Abhishek and calling Chatterjee a "shake" at the altar.

The "Love Is Blind" star reflected on her engagement to the vet in a new interview with Page Six, admitting that it's hard to see how "disrespectful" her ex-fiancé was behind her back.

"We talked about how we struggled with the intimacy part of our relationship but it was hard to look back," she confessed. "It was hard [to see] the way he was talking about me."

After proposing to Deepti not to appear in the pods, Shaq was not ashamed to make it clear to his co-stars, friends and family members that he was not sexually attracted, despite their strong emotional bond.

At one point Shaq said that he would have to drink in order to try to be intimate with Deepti, and even compared her to his "aunt" to reiterate his lack of intimacy.

Then, in a conversation with her family, Sheik's own mother told her that Deepti deserved better after hearing the way she talked about him when she was not around.

"Everything he said was completely outrageous, even to a friend," Deepti told Page Six. "So, yeah, it's been tough looking back but I'm trying to put it in the past and just move on."

Deepti revealed that she is not dating anyone at the moment but still hopes to find her soul mate someday.

"I'm focused on myself, but I'm very open to liking — if I meet someone systematically and naturally, I just stumble upon them, I'm not going to deny it." ," she explained.

For now, she said that she is taking all the love and support she has received from fans, especially those who have gone through similar situations.

“I’m getting so much love from all over the world. People just take the time to write me long, sweet messages saying how much they resonate with me,” she told us. “It’s so overwhelming and beautiful so far. Used to be. As hard as it is to look back, I'm trying to focus on the good parts."

Shake has received a lot of criticism from the audience since Season 2 arrived on Netflix. However, in a video posted on Instagram earlier this week, he said he has no regrets about his behaviour.

"The one thing I'm not inclined to do is feel sad or sorry for certain things—some things that were out of my control, some things I can't necessarily speak about. I just Not going to do that. I'm not sorry," she said at the time.

"I think I handled the situation as best as anyone in my position could. And at the end of the day, I'm going to live my best life moving forward. And you need to like me." No. Only I have to like me, thankfully. And that's real life."

Shake didn't hold back when co-host Nick Lachey put her in the hot seat during an intense reunion.

"What you're looking for sounds like the traditional dating world to me," the 98 Degrees singer said. "So what were you missing in the traditional dating world that you felt like you could find here?"

Shake insisted that he "wanted the emotional connection, whatever we know the show should do."

"But there are also some norms that go beyond emotional connection," he argued. "Love is not purely blind to me."

The 'Love Is Blind' season 2 reunion is now streaming on Netflix.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post