Jim Carrey Creepy Doctor Cameo in the Music Video 'Out of Time' Weeknd - Watch

"Squid Game" breakout Jung Ho-yeon also stars in The Weeknd's newest video.


Jim Carrey may be contemplating retirement, but that doesn't mean his career is "out of time" right now.

The "Mask" alum has a creepy cameo in The Weeknd's latest music video for the song "Out of Time", which debuted in January as part of their fifth studio album, "Dawn FM." The video, out April 5, follows The Weeknd singing karaoke as well as his onscreen love interest, "Squid Game" star Jung Ho-yeon.

After an evening of hotel adventures and booze, The Weeknd's fun-filled fantasy turns horrifying before bedtime, and rotten buckets of champagne turn to blood. An elderly The Weeknd wakes up in the middle of surgery, in which a doctor, played by Carey, comforts him for an estimated lifetime.

"Don't you dare touch that dial, because as the song says, you're out of time," Carey says. “You were almost there. But don’t panic: there is still more music to come before you are completely immersed in the blissful embrace of that little light that you see from afar.”

He continues, "Soon you will be healed, forgiven and refreshed, free of all the trauma, pain, guilt and shame. You may even forget your name. But before you live in that house forever, here you go." There is three minutes of easy listening on 103.5 Dawn FM."

Carrie puts a mask on The Weeknd's face via a terrifying POV shot. "103.5 Dawn FM" references the common thread in The Weeknd's latest album, which also includes spoken words by Quincy Jones and "Uncut Gems" director Josh Safdie. (The Weeknd had a small role in that film.)

Carey said earlier this week that he was looking at retiring soon, unless "angels bring some sort of script written in gold ink", especially if the project is "really for people to see." is important."

"I could continue down the road [but now] I'm taking a break," the "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" star said. "I really like my quiet life and I really like to paint on canvas and I really love my spiritual life and I feel like that, and it's something you've never seen any other celebrity like." As long as time exists - I've had enough. I've done enough. I'm enough."

The Weeknd and Carrie used to be neighbors, with The Weeknd revealing to GQ in September 2021 that Carrie surprised her on her 30th birthday. "He literally lived like two buildings below me," The Weeknd recalled. "He had a telescope, and I had a telescope. He was like, 'Where do you live? What floor do you live on?' And we looked out the windows of our binoculars and we could see each other. That was like in my early 30s. It was like, 'What's going on?'"

Watch The Weeknd reckon as he aged in "out of time" below.

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post