UFC 272 results, highlights: Ukraine's Maryna Moroz gets emotional after scoring upset win over Mariya Agapova

Moroz handled business as the underdog against Agapova on Saturday night during the prelims

Nearly two years out of action, Maryana Moroz returned to the Octagon in the prelims of UFC 272 and does so as her native Ukraine continues to battle against invading Russian forces. Despite the time away from the competition and the emotions surrounding the struggle, Moroz had a career-best performance in the second round submission of Maria Agapova at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Despite entering the cage as a minor underdog, Moroz unleashed a flurry of offense from the opening bell, putting pressure on Agapova and never letting her rest. By the second round, it was clear that Moroz was in complete control of the action and was able to force her to lock in a floor fight, advance position and an arm-triangle choke.

Despite his calm and calm attitude towards fighting, he becomes emotional after raising Moroz's hand.

"My family is in Ukraine," said Moroz. "I had a tough week. I was worried, I cried, because my family is in a bad situation right now. Thanks to everyone who sent me messages, supported me, because this week was hard for me. I am because of this." Wanted to cry from War is my country.

"There's a lot of pressure on me. This whole week I feel nervous, I cried. I tried to concentrate. Not many people know, but it was really hard for me. I see in Ukraine how the situation is Terrible. It was actually my heart almost crying. But I did. I focused and I fought."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post