Shefali Shah on in-laws' clichéd sexism: 'When Vipul goes on a shoot, no one questions...'

Shefali Shah recalled instances where she has experienced sexism at home from her in-laws. She said that her mother-in-law is worried when her husband is washing dishes, but not when she does.

Actress Shefali Shah said in an interview that she has experienced gender discrimination at home especially from her in-laws. But she said it makes sense because they are from a 'different generation'. Actor, best known for films such as Monsoon Wedding, Dil Dhadakne Do, and The Last Lear, and series Delhi Crime.

In a conversation with Pinkvilla, he was asked if being an opinionated person has ever gone against him. The actor, who is married to director Vipul Amrutlal Shah, said that she comes across as Rai, but she is just emotional when she is having a conversation. "When I was growing up, I followed what my mom said, or what my parents said, and I didn't even question that," she said, adding that she was influenced by today's youth. who have a lot of opinions about things. ,

She said, "I've been picked on a lot by my family. The thing is, I'm very emotional, and the way I interact will come across... on a certain level, probably from your in-laws, But they belong to a different generation. Like, I remember, when Vipul goes to shoot, he obviously doesn't question anyone, but when I am shooting continuously, it's like, 'Phir Phir Aapko to shoot?' And I'm like, 'Are you serious? Was I just asked this question?' Or, it's like, 'You've been shooting for so many hours?' How does it work, that's the question your son is never asked?"

The actor said he is great at taking care of his house—"cooking, cleaning, washing dishes, brooms, mopping, barton, cloth, dusting, I'm brilliant..."—but it reminded him of another example. Showed how they were treated. differently.

He continued, "I remember, Vipul was making utensils once. My mother-in-law was standing behind him, and none of us wanted him to do that. And I remember him saying, 'Such a big director pottery' Ghaas raha hai (Such a big filmmaker is washing dishes). I thought it was so hilarious. And I'm thinking in my mind, 'Actress barn khaas rahi hai, ye khayal kabhi nahi aayega (But you never saw them) Never heard of an actress saying that)'. She is a big director, yes, but what does this have to do with home? She is a housewife just like me."

Last year was the busiest year of her career for Shefali Shah, and looks forward to the release of the long-delayed second season of Darlings and Delhi Crime starring Alia Bhatt and Vijay Varma. She will also be seen in Doctor Ji and Jalsa.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post