Maren Morris defends her Playboy photo shoot: 'Country female sexuality in its realest form'

Maren Morris is celebrating the way she showcases "country female sexuality" ahead of the release of her next album.

The country music star, 31, shrugged off critics' comments in the caption of a topless Instagram photo posted Friday of her 2019 Playboy photo shoot.

"Before moving to the next album era, I did @playboy in 2019 and got a lot of hate at the time, but I'm most proud that I showed country female sexuality in her (real) form," Morris wrote. Wrote. "We're finicky, we're messy and stretch-marked in the most beautiful way. Don't sleep on us. We tell the stories of your home in the most immaculate, grand street."

Morris posed for Playboy's Summer 2019 "Gender and Sexuality" issue, in which she appeared topless wearing red pants, cowhide cowboy boots and a cowboy hat.

Her photos faced some criticism online from commenters, who said she would "lose respect" from fans and that there was no need to "expose herself" to the world. She didn't stand up for it.

"The thing about me is that I make music for myself," Morris replied to him in an Instagram Story at the time. "I learned later that it touches others, which is the most wonderful byproduct of a songwriter's calling. Some people may shame me for my lyrics about sex, and you can put me in your little box." But I just want to live and love. I have accepted myself lately and will put these pictures in a frame because I will never have this moment back."

The "The Middle" singer has frequently spoken out about body image issues and gender inequality in the music industry. She has one child, a son named Hayes, who is 2 years old, with husband Ryan Hurd.

Morris' third studio album, "Humble Quest," is released Friday.

Alos Read -How ‘Sanditon’ Handled Sidney’s Season 2 Exit — And Why It Happened That Way

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post