Tom Hanks' son says he grew up without a ‘strong male role model' amid 'toxic' fame issues

TOM HANKS' son has shared an insight into life with his famous dad in a new interview.

Chet Hanks, son of Hollywood stars Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, has opened up about his family life. The 31-year-old actor shared how "privileged" he has been to grow up with Hollywood actors, but admitted that it also came with some "toxic" elements.

Chet, who has previously starred in shows like Empire and Shameless, shared the insight in a YouTube video.

They opened on February 14 in a clip titled "The Truth About Growing Up as a Hanks".

Chet said that while he was "blessed" with his experiences growing up, it was a "double-edged sword".

The actor explained: "There are a lot of advantages but sometimes it can be very awkward.

"I have to do great s**t that a lot of people don't get the opportunity to do.

“I got to travel the world, stay in nice hotels, fly private planes and I am so blessed for that.

"I won't change my position."

He also shared how he was able to attend private school as well, commenting on his "privilege".

However, he acknowledged that there was a great deal of "toxic" issues as well as being famous.

Chet said: "My experience was even more complicated because with fame already toxic, I wasn't even famous.

"I was just the son of some famous person so I didn't do anything to deserve any kind of recognition and it took a lot of contempt."

The actor also said that he didn't think he had a "strong male role model" in his life growing up.

She opened up about this while speaking about her perception as "arrogant, entitled and spoiled".

Chet said that he "didn't have a strong male role model to tell me, 'Brother, f*** these guys, they're just jealous of you'."

In his candid video, he also promised that he would share the "truth" about Hollywood on his channel.

Chet is Tom's third child and his firstborn with his wife, Rita.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post