‘I feel like I’m home, it’s just warmer’: Local Bills fan makes journey to Kansas City

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (WROC) - It all started with a conversation last Tuesday. Geneva native Josh Cook caught up with an old friend in Texas.

"It was a last-minute decision, a friend of mine from high school who I hadn't seen in San Antonio in a few years wrote to me on Tuesday, 'These tickets aren't that expensive, we should meet and go,' and I Said, 'Okay, let's do it.'"

"We've made all the arrangements," Cook continued, "and here we are."

And so, Cook flew from Western NY, to DC, to KC.

"My plane was a 3/4 bills fan," Cook said. "Even the pilot gave us "Go Bills" after its initial announcement, which was really cool."

And this weekend, Cook said, there was a major Bill Mafia presence in Kansas City.

"With the number of Bills fans here," Cook said, "I feel like I'm at home, it's just hot."

The Bills did not win, eventually falling to the Chiefs 42–36 on the road.

After the game, Cook told News 8 that it was a "heartbreak", as Cook and all of the Bills Mafia eagerly await their elusive first ring.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post