Shelton Benjamin Comments On The Mama Benjamin WWE Storyline

WWE star Shelton Benjamin has commented on a controversial story that placed him in early 2006.

Benjamin, who is experiencing a losing streak, was paired with his 'mama' on screen. She later helped him turn his fortunes and eventually regain the Intercontinental Title.

Speaking to the Out of Character with Ryan Satin podcast, Shelton talked about the short story and why he enjoyed it (despite some thinking it hurt his career).

"Mama Benjamin's stuff gets such a bad rap and people don't realize it, I was having the time of my life. We were doing these funny skits every week, we were working with Vince McMahon all the time I remember one skit where she walked up to him with her pants on. It was hard to stop laughing, thinking about the time because it was so funny and silly. I played a mama's boy and my mom played my Did a tremendous job of playing the mother, she was a scene-stealer.

"For me, it was a lot of fun. (It lasted), eight weeks it started to take off. I can't remember exactly if he had some legitimate health issues that were a concern. There were other things I heard That, at the time, I was completely unaware of, but we won't get into that. He did a tremendous job and really, at the time, I needed something. For people to say, 'Oh, that never got better' 'Are you crazy? I really enjoyed it and it's memorable.

"When you're a pro wrestler, you want to do things that are memorable. I don't just want to be on the roster and 'He had a great love career,' I don't care. Good, bad, negative, if people Talking about you in our world, as long as people remember it, I remember having a good time with it. It was so easy for Thea (Videl) to play that character. I knew that Who she really was when she was in Did some skits.

"When it was all said and done, my mind was made up as soon as I realized it was the thinking, 'He did this better, he did better', trying to look all professional. I had no idea what I was talking about. Mr. McMahon just says, 'I think he is better'. Plain and simple. The first time you saw her the day we picked her up she came in and blew her out of the water.

"If it wasn't some people's taste, well, I enjoyed it."

Years after leaving WWE, Videl alleged that he faced frequent sexual harassment while working for the company.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post