Glenn Beck says he has COVID-19 for second time

(The Hill) - Conservative radio host Glenn Beck said Wednesday that he has contracted COVID-19 for the second time and that the virus is "getting into" his lungs.

Speaking to Mark Levine on Levine's radio show, Beck said he's had the virus for about a week. He told Levine that he was "great, except having COVID and seeing the destruction of our country."

Beck said it was a "mild case, but now it's starting to get into my lungs today, which is a little troubling," adding, "I'm on all the drugs and treatments and everything else, so we will see."

Beck told Tucker Carlson in April that he had previously had COVID-19 and would not be vaccinated because of it.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone, even those who have previously contracted the virus, should be vaccinated against COVID-19.

"People who do not get vaccinated after recovery are 2 times more likely to get COVID-19 again after recovery than those who are fully vaccinated," the CDC says.

Beck told Levine that he was not being treated with monoclonal antibodies, some of which are less effective against Omicron strains of the virus, but was instead taking ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine and fluvoxamine - none of which are approved coronavirus treatments. No - and their doctors were "hitting it really hard."

The two discussed unproven medical claims about the drug, with Beck claiming it was "basic science".

Beck also posted about his second positive test on Instagram, calling it "the worst 'cold' I've ever had" and lamenting the lack of access to the rejected treatments, some of which have been criticized by former President Trump and his was heavily touted by the Allies.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post