'The Kashmir Files' Actor Prakash Belawadi Apologises For His Silence On Plight of Kashmiri Pandits

Kannada actor Prakash Belawadi says he was shocked to read the script of The Kashmir Files sent by writer-director Vivek Agnihotri.

Actor Prakash Belawadi, who was part of the film "The Kashmir Files", has apologized for his silence on the plight of Kashmiri Pandits. He lauded writer-director Vivek Agnihotri for casting him in the film, which released on Friday, and said that despite being a journalist during the mass exodus of Kashmiri Pandits in the 1990s, he chose to be indifferent to the fate that happened to him. . Belawadi has put a video in this regard and appealed to the people to watch the film.

"I am privileged to be a part of 'The Kashmir Files'. When I was sent the script by Vivek Agnihotri to read, I was shocked because by then I had the horrors of Kashmiri Pandits from the state of Jammu and Kashmir in the 1990s and The details of the exodus were not there,” he said.

Expressing his guilt for being silent on the issue, he said: "I feel ashamed, I also feel guilty because I was a journalist at the time and prided myself as a man armed with contemporary events. , but I see that was not the case. I think it is appropriate for me to apologize to the community for being a part of this apathy for a long time.

“I would like to congratulate and express my gratitude to Vivek Agnihotri for having the courage and commitment to research this topic and bring this story to the world. I urge every Indian to watch this film to know what happened in our own backyard. We have to say that they have the right to justice and the land belongs to them."

He met his friend and fellow journalist R.K. Mattoo urged him to put up the video.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post