Obama has tested positive for COVID

Former President Barack Obama says he has tested positive for COVID-19.

"I have just tested positive for COVID," he wrote on Twitter on Sunday. "I've had a sore throat for a few days, but I'm feeling fine otherwise. Michelle and I are grateful for the vaccinations and promotions, and she tested negative. Get vaccinated if you haven't already It's a reminder to do so, even as the cases go down."

A 2010 White House doctor's report found Obama was in "excellent health" but was encouraged to quit smoking. The report also said that Obama's total cholesterol at that time was 209 milligrams per deciliter.

Many people, including the Director-General of the World Health Organization, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, flooded the former president with messages of a speedy recovery.

"I wish you a speedy and easy recovery from #COVID19, President @BarackObama - and I couldn't agree more with you: it's important for people to get vaccinated," he wrote.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post