Malachi Smith Brings Big Offensive Game and Shoe Game to the Mocs

Guard Malachi Smith said: "If you walk into my room, I've written everything I did, and I have the date when I wrote it. I wrote stuff down when I was redshirting Was, and I knew the season I was going into was just because I knew what I was working on…. I knew when the opportunity came, I was going to make the most of it."

Malachi Smith is no stranger to sacrifice. Lacking parties for personal growth, Smith always focused on becoming better.

Smith said: "I like to feed my brain. I think the more you feed your brain, the more you can grow as a person. It's like a plant. You feed the plant." elements, and he will grow. ... I always have a mission, and there's no reason why I can't attack that mission every day."

Smith's vision board keeps him motivated.

Smith said: "It says 'be anchored.' It's one thing. Outwork everyone. It's a way, whenever you feel lazy, whenever you feel tired, you know you're doing it for some reason. ...my mom is my biggest inspiration. He's done everything for me. Seeing the sacrifices he's made for me. He never quit, so when it comes to school or basketball or anything that I'm trying to accomplish If I am, I have never left.

Smith certainly hasn't given up on the shoe game.

Smith said: "Basketball is probably like 20, 25. Overall I probably have 60. Like 60 to 70. I might have 100, I don't know."

Head coach Lamont Paris said: "Malachi's got these poca dot ones that remind me, there was a rapper named Kwame in the late '90s."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post