Hshibani gives a shout out to mother-in-law Shabana for her look in Hello teaser

Shabana Azmi has shared a still of her TV series Hello. It is produced by Steven Spielberg and will start streaming on March 24. Shabana's daughter-in-law Shibani Dandekar also cheered for her.

Shabana Azmi has unveiled the first look from her Hollywood live-action series Hello. The teaser of the show is out now and she is seen in an important role in this. The actor will be seen as Admiral Parangoski in the series produced by Steven Spielberg. Sharing her picture from the show, Shabana said that it was her first "colour blind casting" in the West.

Hello is going to release on March 24 this year. Sharing the still on Twitter, Shabana wrote, "As Admiral Margaret Paragonsky in #HALO - my first color blind casting since I started working in the West 34 years ago. What a struggle it has been for Asian actors. Releasing on March 24."

She shared the same post on Instagram and was lauded by her industry colleagues for her portrayal in the show. Vidya Balab cheered for him, "Yuhu." Farhan Akhtar responded, "Can't wait." Zoya Akhtar raised her hand and shared the fire icon in the comments section.

One fan commented, "As a millennial, it feels so cool and nostalgic, and proud! I'm pretty sure you were the most talented actor in that group." Another said, “Such diverse roles. Common thread - all dignified!" Another wrote, "So looking forward to it."

Shibani Dandekar also laughed at the mother-in-law Shabana. Sharing the hello teaser on her Instagram stories, Shibani wrote, "This is unbelievable. Can't wait for @azmishabana8 in @halotheseries. March 24th super excited super proud."

Shabana has a lead role in Halo based on the popular video game series of the same name. She had earlier told HuffPost India in an interview, "My agent in London had approached me for the role. Initially there was a date clash but thankfully things went well. This is completely new territory for me as it is artificial. Intelligence is related. When my nephew first found out he went o-m-g. Now, that expression alone has restored my faith in my own celebrity."

She had confirmed that the role was not a small one. “I want to be relevant. I don’t want to be relics in the museum. My nephews and other kids in the family are helping me understand Hello, video games,” she said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post