Auba takes Arsenal swipe as he declares he’s finally ‘at home’

Barcelona striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has taken an indirect dig at his former club Arsenal, declaring he is finally "at home".

Aubameyang left the Gunners on a free transfer in the January window after falling out with his manager Mikel Arteta.

A disciplinary breach saw him stripped of captaincy and destabilized his position at the club, leading to the termination of his contract.

Barca, however, were ready to give the Gabonese international a fresh start and raced to the ground in what looked like an inspired signing.

Aubameyang has scored five goals in his first six appearances for the club, including a hat-trick in a 4–1 win over Valencia.

In an interview with beIN Sports France, he praised head coach Xavi and spoke of his happiness in the Catalan capital.

"Things are going very well with Xavi," he said. “He is a legend and will contribute to many things for the club.

"Barca deserve to be in the front and I am very happy there because I am at home. I am Spanish for my mother's sake," he said.

“My grandfather was from Atletico and I hope he will be proud of me to play in the league wherever he is.

“League is a good competition for me because it allows me to use my qualities. This is something that happens when you enter Camp Nou! another dimension. I really enjoyed it."

"It's as if Aubameyang was the captain and then something went wrong," said Winterburn PaddyPower. "Losing his captaincy was not based on a one-time issue - there were many.

"Mikele Arteta decides 'That's it, you're the captain of this club and I'm trying to lead a youth team, and that's not acceptable.'

"The problem with his departure is that it has left Arsenal short.

"If he finishes fourth, people will accept his departure," he said. If they don't, Arteta and Aubameyang should have put their differences aside until the season ends.

"It's been such a strong stance from Arteta and the club, that they felt Aubameyang's departure was the best move. Maybe the Amazon documentary will reveal more."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post