Aaron Rodgers following cryptic IG message: 'There will be no news today'

Aaron Rodgers is not yet making any announcements about his future.

Following a cryptic Instagram post Monday night, the NFL MVP joined The Pat McAfee Show on Tuesday and said he's still not ready to share his plans.

"Let me see this disclaimer right now for a few people who are just tuning in for a specific, perhaps news and judgment," Rodgers said. "There will be no news today, no judgment on my future. As I was reciting with you yesterday, I have just come off the 12-day Panchakarma. ... So I just raised my head above the sand I've been there and see what's going on there. But there's no decision about my future today."

(We'll let you do the Google Panchakarma cleanse for yourself.)

Rodgers reiterated that he does not plan to drag questions about his future – whether he intends to return to Green Bay, request a business, or retire – but noted that there is something to consider. there is too much. One thing he made sure to mention is the position of Davante Adams, with the star receiver set as a free agent (the window for teams to use the franchise tag that opened on Tuesday).

"I still understand today, I believe, could be the first day to tag players," Rodgers said. "At Green Bay, it's a specific guy who's like the coolest guy in the whole league for what he does, who wears, like, I think No. 17, you've heard of him. Clearly tag him. There's an opportunity to do that at some point, which I don't think both sides probably want to do; they want to do a long-term extension. But understand, that's part of the decision that I talked about, this thing didn't want to drag."

While he defies any announcement, Rodgers notes that he is in no way concerned about his future.

He said, 'I am not worried about the decision. "I get it, there's not much to talk about football-wise and that will be a topic of conversation. But I'm looking forward to making a decision and moving forward. I think it's best for me, it What is best for the team. I'm not going to hold anyone hostage. I'm not going to do that. Obviously, I want to feel sure about it and when I do, I'll make a decision, and we'll just move on and move on "

NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport previously reported that Rodgers spent extra time with the Packers Brass discussing his future after Green Bay's playoff exit. QB's relationship is in better shape than last season.

When asked about the report, Rodgers said, "There was a lot to unpack in some of the post-season interviews." "... I just wanted to make sure I got as many of the people I knew had the potential to either move on or get other opportunities. So obviously I had to take a few days off from the city." Then I wanted to have a meeting with [general manager] Brian [Gutekunst] and [execution] Russ [Ball] and [head coach] Matt [LaFleur] as well. I would say that the meetings were much more positive than in the past Way apart and that had some really honest conversations that I appreciated. ...

"What year is it, okay? I hope things calm down a bit. Make that decision and let me just enjoy myself."

There will be no peace this NFL offseason until Rodgers finally announces his intentions.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post