Mikel Arteta has said Arsenal can still attract the best players in the world despite a five-year absence from the Champions League.
The club's last appearance came in 2017 and the campaign marks the first time in 25 years that they have had no European football after finishing last season's Premier League in eighth place.
However, Arteta are undergoing a major rebuild, having spent £140m on five new signings last summer and are looking to increase that further this month.
Arsenal have been linked with a big-money move for Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic and although Arteta declined to draw on specific names, the 39-year-old said they are able to compete for the hottest prospects.
"Historically this club has always been targeting the best players in the world and the best players in the world have always wanted to come here and I can say that the situation has not changed," Arteta told a news conference on Wednesday.
“Every time I have spoken to a player, they were very keen to come. I have never faced any other situation and that is one of our greatest strengths.
"Our ability to get people's attention to come and join our club is something that is an advantage for us."
Arteta may be concerned about a potential incoming, but has sought to cancel the January departure for striker Eddie Neketia, whose current contract expires at the end of the season.
Sources have told ESPN that Neketia has so far refused to sign a new deal with Arsenal and that he is interested in the addition of several clubs from Crystal Palace to Germany.
Palace almost completed a deal for Neketia in the summer, but the move failed on personal terms and agent fees. However, coach Patrick Vieira is keen to resume talks this month.
"The situation is that Eddie is our player and Eddie is going to be here with us," Arteta said.
Asked if there is any chance of Niketia leaving, Arteta replied: "He is our player, he is under contract so he will be with us."