Evan Rachel Wood alleges Marilyn Manson ‘essentially raped’ her on camera: ‘Nobody knew what to do’

Allegations were made in 'Phoenix Rising,' a documentary that premiered at the 2022 Sundance Film Festival

Evan Rachel Wood has accused Marilyn Manson of raping her on the set of the music video for her 2007 single "Heart-Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand)". Manson has denied the allegations.

This claim was made in a new documentary titled "Phoenix Rising" which focuses on the life and career of the actress. It premiered during the 2022 Sundance Film Festival.

In it, the 34-year-old alleged that during the "simulated sex scene" discussed earlier, the rocker "began to pierce me for real," once the cameras were rolling, The Guardian reported on Monday.

"I never agreed to that," Wood said.

In a statement on behalf of Manson, whose real name is Brian Warner, attorney Howard King said: "Evan Rachel Wood has been accused of manufacturing "Heart-Shaped Glasses" among all the false claims that Brian Warner has made. Imaginative retelling. The music video from 15 years ago is at best brazen and easy to refute, as many witnesses.

The statement continued, "Evan was thoroughly consistent and engaged not only during the three-day shoot, but also through weeks of pre-production planning and days of post-production editing for Final Cut." "The simulated sex scene took several hours to shoot, which used several long breaks between different angles and camera setups.

 "Brian didn't have sex with Evan on that set, and she knows it's true," the statement concluded.

According to Wood, she was fed absently on the set of the video where she played a Lolita-style character. Wood also said she was barely conscious of objecting to the 53-year-old's alleged actions.

"[I was] never on a non-professional set in my life to this day," Wood said. "It was complete chaos and I didn't feel safe. No one was taking care of me."

Wood said she didn't know how to advocate for herself or say no "because I was conditioned and trained to never talk back—just through the soldier." She claimed that the crew was "very uncomfortable and no one knew what to do."

Wood said the alleged incident made him "disgusting and as if I had done something shameful."

"I was forced into a commercial sex act under false pretenses," she said. "That was when the first crime was committed against me and I was essentially raped on camera."

According to the outlet, Wood said his former fiancé gave him "really clear" instructions on how to describe the video to reporters. But Manson teased the press with the notion that there was truth in the "realism" of the music video.

"I had to tell people that we had this great, romantic time and none of it was true," Wood said. "But I was afraid to do anything that would upset Brian in any way. The video was the beginning of the violence that would continue to escalate over the course of the relationship."

Wood and Manson's relationship went public in 2007 when she was 38 and he was 19. They were engaged for some time in 2010 before breaking up. In 2021, Wood publicly accused Manson of abuse, alleging that he was "manipulated into submission" during their relationship. She has previously spoken out about abuse in a relationship, but did not name the person until she detailed the allegations on Instagram.

"My abuser's name is Brian Warner, also known to the world as Marilyn Manson," Wood said. "He started grooming me when I was a teenager and brutally abused me for years."

"I live in fear of retaliation, slander or blackmail," the post shared. "I'm here to expose this dangerous man and call out the many industries that enable him before he ruins someone else's life."

She concluded, "I stand with the many victims who will no longer be silent."

Wood is among several women, including "Game of Thrones" actress Esme Bianco, who have accused Manson of sexual and physical violence that includes torture.

Manson has dismissed Wood's allegations as "horrific distortions of reality". He responded to Wood's allegations with his Instagram post on the same day as his.

"My intimate relationships have always been completely consensual with like-minded partners," his post said. "Regardless of how - and why - other people are now choosing to misrepresent the past, this is the truth."

Manson's label, Loma Vista Recordings, said in a statement that following the "disturbing allegations", it would "stop further promoting his current album" and "not to work with Marilyn Manson on any future projects". have also decided."

In 2017, Wood was one of thousands of women who identified themselves as victims of sexual assault or assault in the midst of the #MeToo movement.

Wood wrote on her experience at the time as part of a series of tweets, "It's easier to be raped once than to be raped again. I ... got locked out. My body remembered, so it took my Protected. I disappeared. #metoo."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post